Our future is multi-planetary. We believe that going to Mars is possibly the most important undertaking of our lifetime. Creating a permanent, self-sustaining city on Mars will allow humanity to answer fundamental scientific questions, reignite younger generations’ curiosity about space, lead to massive technological innovation, and enable new branches of human civilization.
That's why our company vision is to catalyze the will of humanity to become multi-planetary.
In order for humanity to become multi-planetary, we need:
- An interplanetary transport system.
- The will for humanity to want to actually go.
The interplanetary transportation system is likely to be in place by the early 2030s, since multiple aerospace companies and governments are working on this today. But even when it is in place, we still need Mars to be a shared dream amongst people.
We need more people to want to go to Mars.
- Living on Mars doesn't appeal to the mainstream yet. Life on Mars hasn’t been visualized in a way that would compel many people to take interest. The limited information that does exist tends to be either too technical to captivate the general public or too wildly futuristic to be considered realistic for the first colony on Mars, which may be possible as early as 2032.
- Limited information. The current Mars plans are typically kept under wraps. It can be difficult to find information about the infrastructure, resources, vehicles, buildings, equipment, and space suits that would be needed within a self-sustaining city on Mars.
- People don't think going to Mars is possible. People aren’t aware that the technology needed to sustain life on Mars actually exists today.
- People don't think Mars will be exciting, fun, or worth it. People don’t believe that living on Mars could actually be a fun, new frontier that offers a new lifestyle that could be more compelling than living on Earth. Imagine climbing a mountain 3x the size of Everest or seeing a blue sunset?
- We aren't sure how to structure a Mars city economy or government. There are limited theories about how to organize groups, government, or economics on Mars, which will be an entirely separate and sovereign land than Earth. More simulation and data is needed for us to actually know the best way to colonize the red planet.
To design the world’s first technically accurate, design-centric, visually compelling Mars city simulation that appeals to mainstream gaming and blockchain audiences.
- World-class artwork and design. Great visuals can captivate large audiences. Colonize Mars is positioned as one of the premium projects in the space because the NFT artwork captures Mars in a photorealistic and visually compelling way. Because of this, one of our rarest NFTs set the price record on the WAX blockchain, selling for $128,000 on the secondary market.
- Educational and scientifically accurate data. We have an in-house architecture and aerospace team that is custom designing over 100 items and growing for Mars (vehicles, buildings, equipment, and space suits) using real aerospace materials and referencing to actual technology. Also, we are educating players on the science needed to establish a self-sustaining city by modeling our blockchain-based resource chain after the scientific processes to produce essential resources on Mars.
- Engaging gameplay. Gameplay focuses around 4 key areas that appeal to a range of passive and active gamers: economic strategy, Mars exploration, colony expansion, and leveling up.
- Immersive storytelling. Players join the Interplanetary Space Alliance™ (ISA) and build their aerospace career by successfully managing operations on an ever-expanding Mars base. The ISA is a fictional space alliance, founded to lead programs that establish branches of human civilization on Mars and nearby interstellar space. The ISA will grow into a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) that will help determine the future of the game. The ISA storytelling incorporates rich media and visual techniques (i.e., our very own podcast from the surface of Mars) which enables the players to actively engage inside and outside the game.
- Realistic 3D Mars map. Navigate a 3D map generated from NASA's high-resolution photos of the Mars surface. Find scientific evidence around the map to produce rare Discovery NFTs and mine for resources.
- Dynamic and self-balancing in-game economy. Colonize Mars uses one main in-game token (MARTIA) and multiple resource tokens. MARTIA is earned through various gameplay activities, such as resource management, map exploration, and skill-based mini games. Resource tokens are earned by managing inputs and outputs of each item type in the game and can fluctuate in availability based on how efficiently players are operating equipment.
We believe that a compelling story can be the vehicle for new realities. And interactive stories, like the one we’re building, have the power to inspire millions of people and focus their will on making a mission like Mars a reality.